Almost every bottle of essential oil on the market claims to be “Pure Essential Oil”, but that claim can legally be made if there is as little at just 5% of the actual essential oil from the plant in the bottle.
There is also no regulation for how an essential oil is to be extracted. Companies are free to use high-heat, high-pressure, and chemical-solvents to extract more from the plants, and still slap whatever label they want to on the oil. In fact, the majority of essential oil companies buy their oils from an oil broker. The company isn’t actually involved in the process of cultivating the plants or extracting the oils at all.
For those of you who have been following Saving Money Living Smart for a while and belong to our Facebook Group, may have seen a few of our homemade recipes posted in the past that were made with essential oils.
I have been using them for about 2 years and I am sorry I didn’t know then , what I know now.
What made me get started using them was every time my husband would use commercial cleaners to clean the bathroom he would get a sinus infection. A few years back he got pleurisy. Looking back, he got this a few days after he was in our basement cleaning it out and making it into a gym for himself. For a good 4 days he was down there scrubbing the walls, and cleaning the floors with bleach and all sorts of household cleaners.
I decided to do some research into making my own household cleaners and could not believe how easy is was! Not to mention it smells so much nicer and overall, much more cost effective! I then started dabbling in other things like amazing scrubs, bug repellent and so much more!
I now make my own sunscreen as well after reading that most store bought sunscreens contain toxic ingredients or endocrine disrupting chemicals that in many cases may actually promote skin cancer growth. In fact, in the years since sunscreen use began, skin cancer rates have actually risen, and a 2007 document from the FDA stated that: “The FDA is not aware of data demonstrating that sunscreen use alone helps prevent skin cancer” In fact, many reports show that most sunscreens actually raise skin cancer risk.
PS..the bug repellent..this is a BIG one for me. I HATE BUGS! I know , I’m not sure anyone loves them. But ask my husband. In the summertime, you will see me walking around the bedroom EVERY night before bedtime with the spray bottle in hand and I spray homemade bug spray around the room so no spiders or any other bug try killing me in the middle of the night. SERIOUS! One spider I see in that room, I won’t sleep until it’s dead.
About these oils though. I learned that the majority of essential oils that I was buying were not therapeutic-grade oils.
All of the bottles of oils at the health food stores I looked at said things like “do not take internally” and “do not apply directly to the skin.” So I started looking into oils that did claim to be therapeutic grade and safe for internal use. I also wanted to start using these on my little ones as well and THIS is when I really need to do my homework because I need to know what’s safe for them. I found out that the more I was reading up many of the essential oils companies (even some of the ones that claimed to be therapeutic-grade) weren’t really giving the full story.
So I have a few good friends who had started using a brand of essential oils called Young Living who started telling me all of the amazing ways they were using these oils and these amazing Kids oils and over a million different kinds of oils I can’t even remember them all! And a diffuser?! I didn’t even have one until now. And now …I don’t know what I would do without one. I LOVE it!
WHY I chose Young Living
Young Living was the only company that has their own farms
Can absolutely guarantee that no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of any of their oils (they use essential oils for pest control and they do all of the weeding by hand)
Have their own testing equipment (they do both in-house and 3rd party testing)
Only uses the first distillation of oils instead of adding chemicals to get more out of the plant.
Only company directly in charge of essential oil farming operations ( Every other company I looked into goes through some kind of an “oil broker” to buy their oils. )
Once you sign up you get the member discount and save 24% on everything you buy! (To be a member you just have spend $50 on products in ONE year!)
Also ..if you think you will be making monthly orders, you may want to look into their Rewards program that will allow you to earn points that will get your FREE items 🙂 If you think you can spend $50 a month (which is easy when you have a diffuser) If you do join the rewards and want to stop though, you can quit it at any time too. Everything is so easy.
WHERE DO I START ? WHAT DO I BUY?
I will make this as simple as possible.
If you do what I did , which is what I highly recommend. You will save the MOST money and get all of products for wholesale.
Each Essential Oil on it’s own averages around $20 or more and you receive 11 oils in this kit alone!
If you purchase the Premium Kit for $150 , this automatically makes you eligible for the wholesale pricing.
You will receive the following for $150
5 Single Oils – Frankincense, Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint, Melaleuca Alternifolia
6 Blends – Joy, Panaway, Stress Away, Purification, Thieves, Citrus Fresh (Bonus!)
Welcome to Young Living booklet
Essential Oils at a Glance user’s guide
Distributor Resource Guide, S.E.E.D. Sharing for Success booklet,
AromaGlide Roller Fitment
2 Lavender Sample Packets
2 Peppermint Sample Packets
2 Peace & Calming Sample Packets
2 Lemon Sample Packets
2 Thieves Sample Packets
Sample Packet Business Cards
NingXia Red 2-oz. samples
Product Guide and Product Price List.
HOW TO BUY YOUR STARTER KIT?
1. Go to Young Living Page Here and fill our your information.
2. Make sure the Wholesale Member option is checked so that you don’t end up paying the “retail prices”
3. Please be sure the “Sponsor ID “and “Enroller ID” says 2616632 (this is the ONLY way for us to confirm who gets the freebies)
4. If you do not feel comfortable putting in your social security number (this is only for tax purposes if you decide to start selling Young Living Products yourself) then you can get an EIN from the IRS in just a few seconds right here and use that number instead (the IRS just needs to be able to connect some number with you for tax purposes). They need a Social Security Number or an EIN because if you make $600 or more per year selling Young Living products, you will receive a 1099 form in the mail (which is required by law). Young Living will never share this info with anyone.
5. Select which starter kit you want to get. To get the freebies, you’ll need to check the option that says “Premium Starter Kit”. You can get the kit that’s $150!
6. There’s a Step 3 of the sign-up process that you can skip if you don’t want to mess with that part
7. Go through the checkout process.
8. After you sign up, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your member number and mailing address so we can confirm your order and we work on getting your freebies out to you. OR , if you have any questions prior to signing up ANY questions at all , please Join our Essential Oils Facebook Group or send an email.