Every have a kid take permanent marker to your newly painted walls and write ALL OVER THEM?! I have! Now The Magic Eraser does wonders, but if you want a more cost effective way of getting this marker off. Try some of the tips below.
I am sure many moms already know the tricks on what gets it out but for those of you that don’t. Hope this helps! 🙂
- Walls– Use Hairspray or toothpaste with
- Wood– place some rubbing alcohol on a wash cloth or old rag.
- Carpet – Pour some white vinegar on an old sponge if you have it. I found the sponges work best. Paper towels will usually rip when trying to clean a carpet. An old rag will do if you have that as well.
- Another great cleaner is peroxide, dawn dish soap and an old toothbrush. Mixed the peroxide with a few drops of dish soap and scrub over the stain. Then use a cloth to blot the spot, let dry and stain will be gone!
- Clothes – Use some hand sanitizer on the spot where marker is.
- OR Milk- Pour some milk in a bowl and soak the item in the milk overnight or at least for five hours. Once it has soaked, get an old toothbrush or some kind of brush with bristles and dip the brush in the milk. Then rub the stain until the stain is gone. Once the stain is gone, wash the material in the washer machine.
- Dolls – My friends daughter drew all over her new American Doll. YIKES! Believe it or not, she used Acne Medication. (clearasil) Place it on the spot where marker is and cover with plastic wrap, put in direct sunlight for at least 3-4 hours. Remove plastic wrap and wipe off cream. If you still see traces of marker, repeat.
- Plastic– Off Spray , Lysol spray, Non-acetone nail polish remover
- Cloth Car seats– Purple Armor All wipes and work on the spot. Let dry, and repeat.
Here are some other great tips we received from a few readers as well-
- For all smooth surfaces (plastic or glass) , I used cheap perfume and it got all of the marker off!
- I removed sharpie marker from my wood table with Colgate whitening toothpaste and the rough side of a sponge.
If you have any more great tips on how you removed a Sharpie from something, please share with us below!