This is my first time ever trying Rainbow Chard and not only did I love it but my kids ate it too! I would never have thought of buying it which is another reason why I am so happy we decided to join the CSA this year. We are able to try tons of new fresh local organic veggies that I normally would not think of buying in the store. Many times we end up becoming a creature of habit and each week our shopping trips consist of the same old stuff.
If you have never tried Rainbow Swiss Chard before, you may want to head over to your local farmers market or a local farm and try some. It’s in season now and if you cook it up the same way I did , you will love it!
One bunch Rainbow Chard
2 slices of fresh lemon
1 clove garlic
1 tbsp. Parmesan cheese (you really want to get technical here, you need to use Locatelli Romano!)
1 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
4 tbsp. olive oil
1. Remove the leaves from the stems. Chop the leaves into pieces and set aside.
2. Slice the stems thin and cut up into large pieces.
3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet and toss in the chard stems, chopped garlic , salt, and freshly squeezed lemon.
4. Cook for about 3 minutes until stems are soft, then toss in leaves, mix all together and cover. Cook on medium-low heat for about 5 minutes.
5. Top with Parmesan cheese, Mix in or leave cheese on top and serve.
Have you ever tried Rainbow Chard? How do you cook it?
If you try this recipe, let us know how you like it!