This is super easy to make and inexpensive! Smells AMAZING and is perfect for extra gifts this holiday season. Great for teachers gifts too!
I recently have had some of you ask about the food coloring and were concerned it would come off or stain skin. The first batch I made of these was for gifts and I used the leftover on myself and did not stain my skin at all. However, when I am just making this for myself, I will just leave the dye out. It doesn’t have to look pretty for me to use it! 🙂
If you’re concerned overall about using the dye. It can still be made without the dye and simply decorate with a red bow or a dressy label or tag instead 🙂
What you will need:
- 2 cups white granulated sugar
- 1/4 Almond or Coconut Oil I purchase my almond oil from here
- Peppermint Oil I purchased here
- Red Food coloring
- Jars I purchased at Michael’s (you can also find Mason Jars almost anywhere. Walmart , Target,)
- Use 2 cups of white granulated Sugar, Mix mixed in a 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup Almond Oil (You can use Coconut oil instead if you prefer)
- Add the oil slowly till you have a nice soft consistency but not too oily. Add a few drops of peppermint oil.
- Separate mix evenly into 2 containers.
- Add a few drops of red food coloring into one container and mix.
- Use a funnel or make one out of paper and add a layer of white on bottom. Then layer of red. Keep alternating until Jar is full.