How about making your own lipstick with just 2 ingredients? This is also something we can let our little ones use and play dress up with. Is it safe? Most lipsticks you purchase are made with petroleum which comes from oil. Crayons are made for children and are non-toxic. So I a thinking , it’s pretty safe for kids to use 🙂
What you need-
- Coconut Oil
- Crayola Crayons ( I don’t recommend using any other brand crayons, they don’t melt like the Crayola ones do)
- Break crayon into 4 pieces
- Place a small jar in the center of a pot and add water to the pot. Make sure you don’t get any water in the jar.
- Add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil to the jar and put the pot on the stove. Warm it up slowly, low-medium heat.
- Once the coconut oil has melted all the way, add your crayon. Add 1 piece of crayon per teaspoon of oil. You can mix colors too
- If you would like lipstick to be on the dry side, add more crayon
- If you want it to be sheer and glossy, add a tiny bit more coconut oil.