Fill spray bottle halfway with distilled or cooled down boiled water
Add 30-40 drops of essential oils. I usually do 40. (This will make the spray stronger)
Add witch hazel to fill rest of the bottle.
MY favorite combinations for this bug spray are :
Lavender & Lemongrass (I am not the biggest fan of lavender but with the lemongrass , it’s one of my favorite smells!) And bugs hate lavender so this is another reason why it’s my favorite!
If you would rather purchase big repellent , here are some store bought insect repellents that are safe and all natural.
There are now also some good natural insect repellent options available to purchase if you don’t have all of the ingredients on hand or want a simpler solution. Some of the ones that I have personally tried and liked are:
- Yellow Bird Insect Repellent (natural and made in the US)
- Mosquito Repellent Spray – All Organic Insect Deterrent – Repel Mosquitoes & Bugs Naturally – Most Effective Ingredients Safe for Kids & Adults – Satisfaction is Guaranteed
- Natural Insect Repellent Spray – Best Anti Bug Protection – Deet FREE Travel Formula for Kids & Adults – Get Today 100% Money Guarantee – Repel Mosquito, Chigger, Tick and Fly – Extra Ebook Included
- Babyganics natural insect repellent (listed as safe for use on children)
- Herbal Armor (allergy tested)
Let us know if you have any homemade bug recipes that have worked for you! Or if you have used any of these store bought bug sprays above, which one do you think works the best?