So I am one of those people that HATE HATE bugs! I hate eating outside because of them and you will never catch me sleeping outdoors LOL. Thought this was interesting and I will be heading to Home Depot this weekend to see if I can at least get some mint and lemongrass. I already have the catnip so I just might be good 😉
6 Plants That Repel Insects
Check out these 6 plants that repel insects below and turn your garden or deck into a no bug zone:
- Marigolds: Marigolds have a scent that can really throw insects off. These flowers have a distinct smell and will deter most insects and especially mosquitoes when planted in your garden.
- Basil : Yummy and keeps those annoying flies at bay!!
Lemongrass: Lemongrass has an amazing lemony smell that most people love. But the lemony smell doesn’t appeal to insects and tends to keep them away! Plant this in bunches in a planter on your deck or directly into your garden.
- Rosemary: Make sure to include rosemary next time your choosing your herbs for your herb garden. It not only lasts all summer and in some climates in the winter, it is a great herb to use for cooking and it will repel insects and mosquitoes.
- Mint: Having mint in your garden will scare away insects with it’s strong smell. You can even rub a few mint leaves on your arms and legs and it will act as a natural bug repellent.
- Catnip: Yep, that stuff that makes your cat act all crazy! It can also be used to keep insects at bay. Similar to the mint when catnip is crushed it can be rubbed on your skin to repel
- insects. Supposedly wards off a long list of bugs including mosquitos
Make sure you also check out my post on some easy to make All Natural Mosquito Repellent