If you baby’s skin is sensitive, here is a fragrance free recipe for all natural baby wipes. Making your own is so simple and very cost- effective. In addition to avoiding any other chemicals in baby wipes that you simply don’t need to place onto your baby’s skin.
Listed below are the ingredients need for the unscented baby wipes. If you would like the recipe for our lavender scented baby wipes, you can view it here.
I have also included links for each ingredient and where you can purchase it. Please do not be discouraged by the price of the oils. These will come in VERY handy with MANY other recipes we have posted and will be posting. Aside from the paper towels, most of these ingredients will most likely last you the entire time your baby is in diapers! Roughly , all the ingredients will cost you around $40 but will last well over a year! I also recommend checking your local health foods store as well, they may have some of these items for less.
- 1 roll paper towels (if you can get them made from recycled paper this would be even better but is not necessary)
- 2 cups of boiled , then cooled, water
- 2 teaspoons of liquid castile soap (you will be able to find this cheaper and in a smaller bottle at your local health foods store.)
- 1 tablespoon organic sweet almond oil
- 3 drops roman chamomile essential oil
- 1 large round plastic container (you can even use an old wipes container)
- With a sharp serrated knife, cut the paper towel roll in half.
- Remove the inner cardboard roll from one of the rolls. Store the other half of the paper towels for your next batch.
- Pour water, soap, almond oil and chamomile oil into the plastic container.
- Place half roll of paper towel into container with the cut half facing down.
- Pull the towels out from the center of the roll.
- Keep container tightly sealed to ensure freshness.