This literally is the easiest thing to make and works great for teachers gifts , shower or wedding favors.. just about anything!
Most of the essential oils I have are from Young Living but they have become too expensive for me to keep up with so I look for 100% therapeutic and all natural oils to use if I ever need any when I run out. I have recommended a few below.
You can purchase all of the ingredients you will need from either Amazon or Bulk Apothecary. If you are looking to just make a handful of these then your best bet is to get the ingredients from Amazon. Otherwise, you will save a ton buying everything in Bulk and it is really not that expensive at all. I made 100 of them for my son’s communion for less than $50.
- 30 drops of Essential oils of your choice. In this case I used Peppermint Oil and Vanilla for Holiday Gifts but when I make it for myself, I just use the peppermint oil. Just make sure the oils are all 100% therapeutic and 100% all natural since you are using them on your skin. I have linked the ones I recommend above.
- 100% Pure Beeswax – (5) 1 ounce bars for smaller projects you can Purchase here or a 1lb bag you can get here if you plan on making a lot.
- Raw and Unrefined organic Shea Butter – can be found here
- (optional) Organic Coconut Oil (make sure it’s unrefined) – I use this one
1. Melt 2tbsp of beeswax pellets , 2 tbsp of shea butter and 1tbsp of coconut oil in a double boiler or small glass bowl over a small pot of boiling water. Stir constantly until melted.
2. Remove from heat and add essential oils. This must be done quickly since the mixture will start to harden. I added 20 drops of Peppermint and 10 drops of vanilla to this recipe.
3. If filling the tubes, use a pipette or a dropper which you can purchase here to fill the lip balm tubes.
Let tubes sit at room temperature for several hours until cooled and completely hardened before capping them.
4. If using the lip balm tins, these harden much quicker , you can cover within 10 minutes. You can purchase tins here.
They also sell the lip balm base here which you can simply scoop out of the jar, melt and add essential oils to and you’re done! I personally like making it myself and adding the shea butter to it and coconut oil because it really is just the closest thing to Burt’s Bee’s Lip Balm!!