All Natural Lavender & Coconut Body Butter
This will make a great little gift or keep for yourself! It’s amazing how excited someone gets when I give them a home made gift as opposed to a store bought gift. Buying all the ingredients at first may cost you a little but but you can use them for so many other things. With Spring not to far away (we hope!) These would be perfect and it smell’s AMAZING! Just remember, if you don’t like lavender , you can use pretty much any essential oil in this recipe. (lemon, orange, peppermint) You can pretty much purchase all of these ingredients at any health food store, Vitamin World or GNC. I have noticed though that GNC doesn’t usually have all the oils I need. I purchase all of my items from Amazon. My favorite name brand is NOW brand because I know all of their essential oils are 100% and not diluted.
- ½ cup Shea Butter (this is the one I use for everything so I highly recommend this brand)
- ½ cup Cocoa Butter
- ½ cup Coconut Oil
- ½ cup almond oil
- 10-20 drops of lavender oil You can also substitute the lavender for Peppermint
- In a double boiler or glass bowl, combine all ingredients, except essential oils.
- Bring to medium heat and stir constantly until all ingredients are melted.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Once cooled, place in fridge for about an 1 hour or until starting to harden but still somewhat soft.
- Place 10-20 drops of oil into the mixture.
- Whip for 10 minutes with a hand mixer until it has a “fluffy” consistency”
- Return to fridge for 10-15 minutes to set.
- Store in a glass jar with a lid and use as you would regular lotion or body butter. Keep at room temperature. If you see it starting to soften you can always put in the fridge.