You will hear me say this a lot. I LOVE Coconut Oil. I use it for EVERYTHING! I use in on my skin, in my coffee, to cook with. Every single day I use it. It’s a MUST in my household now!
If you have never tried it or are maybe have some in your house and use it to cook with. Here are 50 more reasons to have some on hand!
Not to mention it smells Amazing!
- Reduce the itch from mosquito bites
- Creamer for Your Coffee – Adding a spoonful of coconut oil to your coffee can give you an extra boost of energy and replace dairy creamer. (Get Recipe Here)
- Use instead of cooking spray.
- Helps soothe the itch from poison ivy
- Replace Unhealthy Fats When Baking .Use the same amount as butter or vegetable oil that is called for in the recipe.
- Natural makeup remover
- Reduces stretchmarks during or after pregnancy. Rub coconut oil over the stomach to reduce stretch marks. The oil helps to fade dark marks, discoloration, and redness plus it hydrates the skin and allows it heal more quickly.
- Natural Deodorant – Coconut oil’s natural antibacterial properties help to keep body odor at bay. It is an excellent deodorant on its own, or when combined into a paste with baking soda and essential oils.
- Removes Earwax – Warm coconut oil in the microwave for a few seconds until it becomes a liquid. Make sure it’s warm , NOT hot. Fill a dropper with half to one tablespoon of the oil; tilt your head to your right shoulder and drip oil into your left ear, letting it sit for 10 minutes. Then, tilt head upright and rinse all of the oil out with warm water.
- Insect repellent – Mix 1tbsp. of coconukt oil with a 4-5 of drops of peppermint, rosemary, and tea tree oil to repel flies, mosquitos, gnats, and bees. This is a safe alternative to DEET and can be applied safely on all areas of the body.
- Rub on lips as natural chap stick
- Foot rub for cracked heels – Massage coconut oil into feet and put on a pair of socks to hydrate dry, rough skin while you sleep.
- Prevent & Treat Dandruff – Apply half a cup to scalp and massage in. Let oil sit for 5 minutes , then wash and rinse.
- Hair Detangler
- Natural Vapor Rub
- Repairs Damaged Hair
- Removes Gum from hair
- Can be used as Furniture Polish – Use on wood, granite counter tops, and metal surfaces to give your furniture a clean and shiny look.
- Soothe Sunburn – Apply the oil to burned skin for relief as often as needed
- Help Soothe Eczema – Apply daily to help soothe the pain and itch of irritated skin at dry patches.
- Boosts Immunity
- Fights Inflammation
- Fight Oily Skin With a Face Mask -Combine two tablespoons of coconut oil with two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and apply to skin. Let the mask sit for a few minutes, then rinse off with warm water and pat skin dry with a towel.
- Treat Cuts – Apply a small amount of coconut oil to a cut or scrape and the surrounding area. The oil contains antioxidants that studies in mice have shown may help cuts heal faster.
- Enhances eyelashes – Mix 1tbsp. coconut oil with 1tsp. lemon juice and one drop lavender oil. Clean an old mascara tube and brush, then add this oil mixture to the empty tube. Apply the oil to lashes one to three times daily for clean and polished lashes.
- Diary Replacement in Recipes – Add to recipes to thicken sauces without using dairy.
- Soothe Nipples for Nursing Mothers – Apply to nipples at night under loose clothing for relief.
- Energy Booster
- Egg Substitute – Substitute coconut oil for eggs in a recipe.
- Butter Substitute – Use a similar amount of coconut oil in place of butter.
- Soothes a sore throat – 1 tbsp.coconut oil, plus 1 tsp.apple cider vinegar and 1 tbsp. warm water to help alleviate sore throat.
- Gets rid of bad breath – Use 1tbsp. of coconut oil in your mouth until it melts and swish it around for approximately 2 minutes and them spit it out for fresh breathe. Do Not swallow the oil so make sure you spit it out.
- Lengthen Egg Shelf Life -Coat the shell of an egg to prolong its freshness in your fridge.
- Make amazing lotion bars
- Reduces Diaper rash
- Natural Lice Remedy – Rinse head with apple cider vinegar and comb through with a fine lice comb. Once hair is dry, apply coconut oil all over and let sit for 12 to 24 hours
- Clears up cold sores
- Ingesting daily can increase mental alertness
- Reduce Nosebleeds -Coconut oil is moisturizing and may heal dryness and cracking in the nose that can lead to nosebleeds.
- Softens and shines leather goods
- Alleviates Cradle cap irritation
- Use as aftershave
- Removes grease from your hands -If your hands are covered in grease or motor oil, use coconut oil to dissolve the grease so you can clean your hands.
- Shoe Polisher
- Removes soap scum – Apply to affected area and let sit for 10-20 minutes before wiping it off with
- Cuticle softener – Swipe a small amount onto each of your cuticles and allow it to sink in. The coconut oil will strengthen your nails.
- Can be used as shaving cream
- Clear up varicose veins – Apply coconut oil topically to reduce their appearance. Do it regularly and you will get the best results.
- Treats cold sores
- Works as a powerful toothpaste that can kill bacteria responsible for unhealthy teeth and gums.
Where can I buy Coconut Oil?
You want to make sure when buying Coconut Oil you Purchase organic unrefined coconut oil. Organic, unrefined coconut oil is extracted from fresh coconut meat; not from dried coconut. I use this kind here
Refined coconut oil has a higher smoke point and is void of the coconut flavor. These coconut oils are mass-produced, typically through a chemical distillation process that starts with desiccated coconut that is not fresh. The coconuts are further bleached and deodorized. Some are even hydrogenated, which turns it into a synthetic trans-fat. For this reason, avoid refined coconut oils as much as you possibly can.